I have taken two European “fashion capital” trips annually since 1984! Each time I race through Paris, Milan & London, I see and experience new things. Regardless of changes in each of these dynamic cities, and no matter what my hit list is of new things to see and do, there are “must see's" and "must do’s" that I keep on my list permanently.
I travel to the City of Lights for a semi-annual fair called Premier Vision which brings together fabric, color and trend experts from around the world to predict what is on the horizon for the Fashion Industry. I have stayed at the same hotels for years and since I travel alone, meeting friends for meals, I like to know my hotel and they, me. Here is my List:
1. COLETTE. THE ULTIMATE CONCEPT STORE WITH EVERYTHING FROM FASHIONS TO A WATER BAR! | 2. PETIT BATEAU. THE BEST COTTON T-SHIRTS AND TURTLENECKS ON THE PLANET. | 3. MERCI. HOME AND GARDEN, ACCESSORIES, TRENDY CLOTHING AND TWO EATERIES!
1. LE VOLTAIRE. ICONIC AND REMARKABLE FOOD AND STAFF! | 2. POILANE CUISINE DE BAR. TARTINES ON POILANE BREAD! | 3. CAFE DE FLORE. GO HERE FOR THE CHOCOLATE CHAUD AND THE BEST PEOPLE WATCHING IN PARIS!
1. 10 CORSO COMO. ONE OF THE BEST EDITS OF GLOBAL FASHION AND HOME IN THE WORLD FEATURES A RESTAURANT, GALLERY SPACE AND 3 ROOMS TO BOOK AS YOUR HOTEL! | 2. MARNI OUTLET. THE BEST ANYWHERE, FEATURING THE PREVIOUS SEASONS MERCHANDISE AT A DEEP DISCOUNT. | 3. ASPESI. ON ONE OF THE CHICEST MILAN STREETS THIS BASTION OF TIMELESS WITH A TWIST FEATURES MENS AND WOMENS LAYERED OUTERWEAR. | 4. OUTETROLET. THE ETRO OUTLET IS WORTH THE TRIP FOR REMNANTS OF FABRIC TO FABULOUSLY COLORED SCARVES!
1. BAGUTTA. QUINTESSENTIAL ITALIAN…DON’T MISS THE PROFITEROLLES! | 2. PRINCI. THE BEST FOCACCIA IN MILAN! | 3. SANTA LUCIA. THE FIRST PIZZERIA IN MILAN…EXCELLENT FOOD IN A RELAXED DINING ROOM!
1. BUTLER & WILSON. THE MOST OVER THE TOP COSTUME JEWELRY! STONED AND STUDDED WITH CRYSTALS…THEY EVEN HAVE TIARAS FOR THE QUEENS IN THE GROUP! | 2. DOVER STREET MARKET. REI KAWAKUBO OF COMMES DE GARCONS FAME EDITS AN AMAZING COLLECTION OF FASHION FOR MEN AND WOMEN DOTTED WITH ACCESSORY AND HOME OPTIONS. DON’T MISS ROSE BAKERY ON THE TOP FLOOR! | 3. DESIGNERS GUILD. TRICIA GUILD COLORS LONDON INTERIORS WITH VIBRANT PAINTS, FURNITURE AND FABRICS!
1. HOI POLLOI. IN THE ACE HOTEL SHOREDITCH, FUN FUSION FOOD IN A CASUAL SPACE! | 2. DAYLESFORD. MARKET AND RESTAURANT FEATURING AMAZING ORGANIC CUISINE TO EAT IN OR TAKE AWAY | 3. OTTOLENGHI. VIBRANT TASTES TO EAT IN OR TAKE AWAY…UNFORGETTABLE!
Join us all week as Deb will be giving us the full download from her findings abroad!