Featured SCOUT Bag: Oh Buck It, Chai T
1. Narciso Rodriguez, Two-Tone Collarless Coat 2. Gucci, Striped Knit Cotton Sweater 3. Gucci, Python-collar Silk Dress 4.Ralph Lauren Collection, Paola Block-Heel Leather Sandals 5. Zara, Double Layer Combined Top 6. Giuseppe Zanotti, Croc-Print Leather High-Top Sneakers 7. Canada Goose, Camp Puffer Jacket 8. Zara, Patent Ballet Flat
- Brush edges of pie shells with a damp pastry brush; arrange leaves around edges, pressing to adhere. Whisk 1 egg and cream in a small bowl. Brush leaves with egg wash. Cut 2 large circles of parchment; fit into pie shells, extending above edges. Fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake pie shells 15 minutes. Remove weights and parchment; bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes more. Cool completely on wire racks.
- If using fresh pumpkin, discard seeds. Scoop out flesh, using a large spoon, into a food processor. Process until smooth, about 1 minute. Measure out 3 cups, and transfer pumpkin to a large bowl (reserve any remaining for another use; if using canned pumpkin, add that to the bowl instead). Add brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, nutmeg, remaining 6 eggs, and evaporated milk; whisk until combined.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Place pie shells on rimmed baking sheets. Divide pumpkin mixture evenly between shells. Bake until all but centers are set, 35 to 40 minutes. Let pies cool completely on wire racks. Cut into wedges, and serve with whipped cream.